Balisage: The Markup Conference 2022 Program Announced
May 25, 2022
Submitted by Tommie Usdin.
Balisage: The Markup Conference
2022 Program Now Available
Balisage, where serious markup practitioners and theoreticians meet every summer, announces the availability of the 2022 Preliminary Program.
The 2022 program includes papers that discuss:
• All-XSLT manuscript collation
• Readability of markup languages
• Invisible XML: exploiting implicit structure in non-XML input
• The evolving XML stack, including updates on XSLT 4.0 and Schematron
• Long-term preservation using static HTML
• Getting XML tables and SVG charts out of Excel
• Using XProc and XSLT to migrate early Docbook into new modular HTML
• Metadata by and for creators
• Adapting markup vocabularies
• Using BITS (Book Interchange Tag Suite) for government documents
• Comparing OASIS CALS tables
• Designing languages for extensibility and forward compatibility
• New XSLT function libraries
If you are interested in open information, reusable documents, and
vendor and application independence, then you need descriptive markup,
and Balisage is your conference.
Discussion at Balisage is open, candid, and unashamedly technical.
Balisage 2022 Program: https://www.balisage.net/2022/Program.html
About Balisage: https://www.balisage.net/
Call for Late-breaking News: https://www.balisage.net/latebreaking-call.html