Balisage 2021 Program Announced
May 11, 2021
Submitted by Tommie Usdin.
Balisage: The Markup Conference
2021 Program Now Available
Balisage: where serious markup practitioners and theoreticians meet every summer.
The 2021 program includes papers that discuss:
• Programming with XSLT and CSS
• Modeling text as graphs and trees
• Encoding semantic relationships
• Implementing useful string libraries in XQuery and XSLT
• A new data structure for Unicode strings in processors
• Yet another XML query language
• Change tracking in office documents
• The importance (or not) of order in XML (or JSON)
• Semantics on the web
• Printing with XML and CSS
• Client-side XSLT for validation and security
• How to leverage legacy systems and legacy documents, and legacy encodings
• Using non-XML structural markup in XML systems
• Refactoring large XSLT systems
• Structure constraints in XForms
Are you interested in open information, reusable documents, and vendor and application independence? Then you need descriptive markup, and Balisage is your conference. Balisage brings together document architects, librarians, archivists, computer scientists, XML practitioners, XSLT and XQuery programmers, implementers of XSLT and XQuery engines and other markup-related software, semantic-Web evangelists, standards developers, academics, industrial researchers, government and NGO staff, industrial developers, practitioners, consultants, and the world's greatest concentration of markup theorists.
Discussion at Balisage is open, candid, and unashamedly technical.
Balisage 2021 Program: https://www.balisage.net/2021/Program.html
About Balisage: https://www.balisage.net/
Call for Late-breaking News: https://www.balisage.net/latebreaking-call.html