eXist-db 4.3.0 Released
July 6, 2018
Submitted by Lars Windauer.
eXist-db v4.3.0 has just been released. This is a feature release, which contains several new features and bug fixes. We recommend that all users of eXist 4.x.x should upgrade to eXist 4.3.0.
- Upgraded to Apache Xerces 2.12.0. eXist-db now includes XML Schema 1.1 support.
- Improved the Remote XML:DB API "networking error"; messages to be more descriptive.
- Test errors are now summarised in XQSuite XML output.
- Fixed an issue where in-memory documents used in XQuery Update insert expressions caused an NPE (NullPointerException).
- Fixed an issue where XQuery Error Codes were not correctly reported under some circumstances.
- Fixed an issue with restoring binary files of zero bytes via the XML-RPC and XML:DB Remote API.
- Fixed a signing issue with running eXist-db from the installer under Java 10.
- Fixed an issue when constructing in-memory documents with namespaces via SAX parsers.
- Fixed an issue with namespaces when parsing external documents to in-memory documents.
- Fixed an issue with namespaces when merging in-memory documents.
- Fixed a NPE when calling map:get for a non-existent key/value map pair.
- Fixed a NPE in fn:data.
- Fixes a NPE when converting empty sequences.
- eXist-db v4.3.0 is backwards binary-compatible as far as eXist-db v3.0, but not with earlier versions. Users who are upgrading should always consult the Upgrading Guide in the documentation.
- NOTE: The version of Dashboard that was installed with eXist-db 3.6.1 (or earlier) is incompatible with eXist-db 4.0.0 and newer. If you plan to migrate your entire database to eXist-db 4.3.0, you MUST take one of the following steps to allow Dashboard to work after the upgrade:
- If you have not yet installed eXist-db 4.3.0, open Dashboard > Package Manager, and upgrade Dashboard to <code>0.4.10</code>, or run this script in eXide or the Java Admin Client: repo:install-and-deploy("http://exist-db.org/apps/dashboard", "http://demo.exist-db.org/exist/apps/public-repo/modules/find.xql"). Then you may safely install eXist-db 4.3.0 and use Dashboard.
- If you install eXist-db 4.3.0 before upgrading Dashboard, run this script in eXide or the Java Admin Client: repo:install-and-deploy("http://exist-db.org/apps/dashboard", "http://demo.exist-db.org/exist/apps/public-repo/modules/find.xql"). Then you may use Dashboard.
Downloading This Version
- eXist-db v4.3.0 is available for download from Bintray.
- Docker images are available from EvolvedBinary's DockerHub.
- Maven artifacts are available from our mvn-repo
- Mac users of the Homebrew package repository may acquire eXist 4.3.0 directly from there.