Release of XMLmind Word To XML v1.8.5
October 4, 2021
Submitted by Hussein SHAFIE, XMLmind Software.
Release of XMLmind Word To XML v1.8.5 (http://www.xmlmind.com/w2x/changes.html)
- Now supports SVG pictures embedded in the DOCX file or linked from it. Note that only recent versions of MS-Word (MS-Word 2016+?) are capable of dealing with SVG files.
- Upgraded wmf2svg to version 0.9.11.
- Upgraded XMLmind Web Help Compiler (whc for short) to version 3.3.0.
- Some internal changes were needed to make XMLmind Word To XML compatible with XMLmind XML Editor v10+.
- XMLmind Word To XML, which passed all non-regression tests, is now officially supported on Java™ 17 platforms.
XMLmind Word To XML is not yet supported on Macs having an Apple M1 (ARM-based) processor despite the fact that a “native” OpenJDK and a “native” OpenJFX are now available for this platform. We plan to provide official support and a
.dmgdistribution for this platform before the end of this year.
- Relative paths of external resources were automatically converted to absolute URIs by resolving them against the location of the DOCX file. For example, field INCLUDEPICTURE \d "..\\Pictures\\My Picture.png" \* MERGEFORMATINET
contained in "INCLUDEPICTURE \d "C:\\Users\\John\\Pictures\\My Picture.png" \* MERGEFORMATINET
C:\Users\John\Documents\My Document.docx", was processed as if it were
Now such relative paths are just converted to relative URIs —to make it simple, kept as is— by XMLmind Word To XML.
What is XMLmind Word To XML?
XMLmind Word To XML can automatically convert DOCX files to:
- Clean, styled, valid HTML (single page or multi-page HTML, Web Help, EPUB) looking very much like the source DOCX file.
- Unstyled, but structured and valid, DITA bookmap, map, topic, DocBook (including V5.1 assembly), XHTML (single page or multi-page HTML, Web Help, EPUB) or XML conforming to your custom schema.
Home Page: http://www.xmlmind.com/w2x/
Free online DOCX conversion services: http://www.xmlmind.com/w2x/online_w2x.html