Release of XMLmind Word To XML v1.8.4
May 20, 2021
Submitted by Hussein SHAFIE, XMLmind Software.
Release of XMLmind Word To XML v1.8.4 (http://www.xmlmind.com/w2x/changes.html)
If you plan to run the "Word To XML" servlet on Apache Tomcat version 10, please first read this important note as there is a major breaking change between latest version of Tomcat (>= 10) and older versions (<= 9).
- Desktop application
- The location and size of the application is now persistent across conversion sessions.
- Unless the
useNativeFileChooserpreference has been enabled (which is not the case by default), the size of the file chooser dialog box is now persistent across conversion sessions.
- Upgraded XMLmind Web Help Compiler (whc for short) to version 3.2.0.
- XMLmind Word To XML, which passed all non-regression tests, is now officially supported on Java™ 16 platforms.
- In some cases, XMLmind Word To XML failed to extract some useful description text out of a VML (a legacy graphical objects format) picture.
What is XMLmind Word To XML?
XMLmind Word To XML can automatically convert DOCX files to:
- Clean, styled, valid HTML (single page or multi-page HTML, Web Help, EPUB) looking very much like the source DOCX file.
- Unstyled, but structured and valid, DITA bookmap, map, topic, DocBook (including V5.1 assembly), XHTML (single page or multi-page HTML, Web Help, EPUB) or XML conforming to your custom schema.
Home Page: http://www.xmlmind.com/w2x/
Free online DOCX conversion services: http://www.xmlmind.com/w2x/online_w2x.html