Release of XMLmind Word To XML v1.5.1
August 31, 2018
Submitted by Hussein Shafie, XMLmind Software.
- A new —very low-level— parameter
-p edit.ids.automatic-ids regex_patternlets the user specify which bookmarks automatically generated by MS-Word ("
_Toc123", etc) are to be preserved by the conversion process, and this, even when such bookmarks are not referenced anywhere in the generated document.
- Slightly improved the way DOCX metadata (e.g. author, publisher, etc) are translated to DITA.
- A warning is now reported when processing a DOCX index entry marking
a page range (e.g.
XE "XML" \r "OpenXMLPageRange"). This kind of index entries is currently not supported by XMLmind Word To XML. Only simple index entries marking a single location in the DOCX document are currently supported.
- Upgraded XMLmind Web Help Compiler (whc for short) to version 2.1.3_01.
- Setting the paragraph indentation of stock MS-Word style "List
Paragraph" to a number of Character Units (
ch) caused XMLmind Word To XML to generate incorrect lists. Note that we are not 100% sure that this bug is really fixed now. Unfortunately, the behavior of MS-Word when it comes to processing
w:ind/@w:xxxCharsattributes is not completely documented in the "ECMA-376, Office Open XML File Formats" specification.
- Defining a custom style named "
Normal +" caused XMLmind Word To XML to enter an endless loop.
- XMLmind Word To XML always created DITA
fn(footnote) elements having an
idattribute. The bug is that these
fnelements were never referenced by an
<xref type="fn">(footnote call). The consequence was that these footnotes were automatically discarded when converting to HTML, PDF, DOCX, etc, the DITA files created by w2x.
More information in http://www.xmlmind.com/w2x/changes.html.