Release of XMLmind XML Editor v8.1
May 22, 2018
Submitted by Hussein Shafie, XMLmind.
Release of XMLmind XML Editor v8.1. Highlights:
- XMLmind XML Editor, which passed all non-regression tests, is now officially supported on Java™ 10 platforms.
- Several minor yet useful enhancements
- Enhanced the Edit tool and the Include tool:
- Added a label below the icons to make them easier to understand.
- The tool icons now behave like true toggle buttons, that is, clicking a selected icon to unselect it has now the same effect as clicking the Cancel button.
- Edit tool only: it's now possible to select one of the tool icons (Replace, Insert Before, Insert, Insert After, Convert, Wrap), optionally start typing the name of an element the text field, then continue editing the document normally. When this is case, the Edit tool automatically updates its list to continuously show you what elements are allowed given the current editing context.
- DocBook, XHTML configurations: slightly improved the way links are rendered in the styled view.
- All the messages printed to stdout and stderr during a document conversion (e.g. "DocBook|Convert Document|Convert to PDF") are now captured by the "Executing command" dialog box. This means that the user can now see all the messages printed using the <xsl:message> elements found in the XSLT stylesheets.
- Added an "Update" button to the window displayed by menu item "Help|Show Content Model". You can now select an element and then click this new "Update" button to learn about the content model of selected element.
- Several bug fixes.
- Updated almost all the software components (e.g. Saxon) used to implement XMLmind XML Editor.
More information in http://www.xmlmind.com/xmleditor/changes.html.