MorganaXProc-IIIse 0.9.0-beta released
March 7, 2020
Submitted by Achim Berndzen.
We are very pleased to announce the release of MorganaXProc-IIIse 0.9.0-beta.
XProc 3.0 is an XML pipeline language which is developed as a successor to XProc 1.0. Compared to XProc 1.0 is has many new and powerful features such as
- support for non-XML documents (text, JSON and binary documents) following on ports in and out of steps,
- attribute value templates and text value templates (as known from XQuery and XSLT),
- typed variables and options including maps and arrays,
- full support for XPath 3.1 as expression language,
- enlarged step library with support for non-XML documents like ZIPs,
- many short cuts enabling more concise pipelines.
See Erik Siegel's series of articles on xml.com for a comprehensive understanding of XProc 3.0.
MorganaXProc-IIIse is the first release in a family of editions implementing XProc 3.0 for the Java Virtual Machine (JVM).
Key features of MorganaXProc-IIIse are:
- Parallel execution of the steps in the pipeline leading to increased speed of pipeline execution.
- Plug-in support for different XQuery-, XSLT-, and validation engines etc.
The first release of MorganaXProc-IIIse covers
- all the required and optional features of the core language spec (last call December 2019) with only two exceptions (import of XPath functions and the [p:]timeout extension attribute).
- all 48 steps in the standard step library (last call February 2020)
- all steps in the optional File Step Library with steps like p:file-copy, p:directory-list etc. and
- almost all steps of the optional Validation Step Library: Validation with XML Schema, RELAX NG, or with Schematron.
New releases will follow monthly containing bug fixes and new features.
For further information please see https://www.xml-project.com.