eXist-db 3.6.0 Released
November 27, 2017
Submitted by Adam Retter.
We are very pleased to announce the release of eXist-db v3.6.0. eXist-db is the most popular Open Source NoSQL XML Native Database and XQuery Application Platform.
- Improvements to Core Level 1 DOM compliance.
- Implemented missing functions `fn:tokenize#1` and `fn:node-name#0`.
- Regular Expressions are now Cached (e.g. `fn:analyze-string`, `fn:matches`, `fn:replace`, `fn:tokenize` and `util:get-fragment-between`).
- Updated the EXPath HTTP Client:
- Added support for non-chunked HTTP 1.1.
- Pools connections to improve performance.
- Added support for SNI (Server Name Identification).
- Fixed DOM issues with namespace URI handling.
- Upgraded to Jetty 9.4.6.v20170531.
- Upgraded to Apache Tika 1.16.
- Upgraded to Apache FOP 2.2 and improve FO processor logging.
- Upgraded various dependencies to the latest versions (Caffeine, Apache Commons, j8fu, Jackson, Jing, Log4J, Quartz Scheduler, and Slf4j).
- The data directories and memory settings can now be templated via `build.properties`.
- Compiled XQuery cache is now multi-threaded; concurrency is now per-source.
- RESTXQ compiled XQuery cache is now multi-threaded; concurrency is now per-query URI.
- STX Templates Cache is now multithreaded.
- XML-RPC Server will now use Streaming and GZip compression if supported by the client; enabled in eXist's Java Admin Client.
- Reduced object creation overhead in the XML-RPC Server.
The bundled applications of the Demo Apps, Documentation, eXide, Function Docs, and Monex have all been updated to the latest versions.
- Mixed-Content is now correctly serialized to JSON rather than skipper.
- Fixed a NullPointerException when updating an attribute on an element in the non-default namespace which had a Lucene index defined.
- Arrow operator now works correctly again in user defined functions.
- Fixed selection of Processing Instructions by target.
- Fixed a locking issue when writing temporary documents.
- Fixed a Transaction Closed log warning in the XML:DB API.
- Extensions are now also signed as part of the installer.
- Fixed an issue with quoted paths and white-space in Windows batch files.
- `Node#hasChildNodes` no longer includes attributes.
- Fixed parameter handling bugs in the functions `fn:tokenize#2`, and `fn:tokenize#3`.
- Fixed the handling of `q` and `x` regex flags for `fn:matches`, `fn:replace` and `fn:tokenize`.
- Fixed the `fn:local-name#0`, `fn:name#0` and `fn:namespace-uri#0` functions to correctly work with the context item.
- The embedded Jetty server now uses the JVM's temporary folder for temporary files.
- Fixed compatibility with Eclipse IDE project files.
- Corrected the description of the `xmldb:clear-lock` function.
eXist-db v3.6.0 is backwards binary-compatible as far as v3.0, but not with earlier versions. Users upgrading from previous versions should perform a full backup and restore to migrate their data.
Downloading This Version
eXist-db v3.6.0 is available for download from Bintray. Maven artifacts for eXist-db v3.6.0 are available from our mvn-repo. Mac users of the Homebrew package repository may acquire eXist 3.6.0 directly from there.