BaseX 9.2. The Spring Edition.
April 16, 2019
Submitted by Christian Grün.
We are more than pleased to announce version 9.2 of BaseX, our XML framework, database system and XQuery 3.1 processor:
This time, we have put a special focus on performance improvements:
- comparisons will more often be rewritten to hash joins
- optimized access to subsequences and single sequence items
- consistent propagation of static types to evaluation results
- improved static typing of function items (maps, arrays)
- more aggressive pre-evaluation at compile time
- large databases will be opened faster
- regular storage offset will be computed at runtime
GENERAL XQUERY FEATURES
- no need to import
basex-api modules anymore!
- Archive Module:
archive:create-from, new options
- Database Module: directory-based access via
- Profiling Module: new functions (
- Validation Module: assign XSD validation features
- WebSocket Module: query scheduling via
- Utility Module: various new helper functions
- XSLT Module: support for XML Catalogs (thank you Liam)
- RESTXQERRORS: Suppress parsing errors at runtime
- FULLPLAN: comprehensive query plan information
- stemmer for Arabic texts added
- GUI: better support for latest JDK versions (incl. OpenJDK)
- DBA: revised search features in log panel
For a more comprehensive list of added and updated features. please check out our documentation: http://docs.basex.org/.