Simplified Security and More in MobileTogether 5.1
February 27, 2019
Submitted by Cindy Neely.
Beverly, Mass., February 27, 2019 – Altova® (http://www.altova.com) announced the release of MobileTogether 5.1. MobileTogether is a low-code app development framework that helps developers build sophisticated, native apps for Android, iOS, and Windows quickly and easily. This release introduces support for the latest versions of Android, full support for implementing free Let’s Encrypt SSL certificates, and several features that make it easier for developers to add sophisticated functionality to their apps.
“We are constantly updating MobileTogether with not only the latest OS support, but also features that make app development more flexible and efficient. This time, we’ve also focused on making implementing secure connections that much easier,” said Alexander Falk, CEO and President of Altova. “New support for Let’s Encrypt SSL certificates means developers can get secure HTTPS connections up and running in a fraction of the time, and MobileTogether Server walks them through the process.”
Some of the new features available in MobileTogether 5.1 include:
- Support for the latest versions of Android: 8.1 and 9
- Automatic link detection option for labels: gives developers an option to automatically display web page URLs and email addresses in Labels as live links
- Options to restrict label height to N lines: gives developers even more flexibility when designing an app UI to have control over how many lines of text can be displayed in labels
- New Action Tree for orientation changes: makes it possible for developers to define actions to occur when a user changes the orientation (portrait/landscape) of a device
- Options for read folder actions: allows filtering for multiple filename patterns, recursing into subfolders and more
- Full support for Let’s Encrypt SSL certificates: makes it easy to obtain and auto-renew free SSL certificates from Let’s Encrypt directly in the MobileTogether Server admin interface
Support for Let’s Encrypt simplifies the process of setting up secure SSL connections between the MobileTogether Server and mobile clients. A new dialog makes it easy for developers to request a free SSL certificate from Let’s Encrypt, directly in the MobileTogether Server admin interface. Once the certificate is obtained and installed, MobileTogether Server will automatically renew the certificate every two months.
These and many additional features are available in MobileTogether 5.1. To view a complete list of new features and access a trial download please visit: https://www.altova.com/mobiletogether/whatsnew
Altova® is a software company specializing in tools that assist developers with data management, software and application development, mobile development, and data integration. The creator of XMLSpy® and other award-winning products, Altova is a key player in the software tools industry and the leader in XML solution development tools. The company offers a complete line of desktop developer software for XML, SQL, and UML; high-performance workflow automation server products; and a cross-platform mobile development platform. Altova focuses on its customers’ needs by offering a product line that fulfills a broad spectrum of requirements for software development teams. With over 5.2 million users worldwide, including 91% of Fortune 500 organizations, Altova is honored to serve clients from one-person shops to the world’s largest organizations. Altova is committed to delivering standards-based, platform-independent solutions that are powerful, affordable and easy-to-use. Founded in 1992, Altova is headquartered in Beverly, Massachusetts and Vienna, Austria.
Altova, MobileTogether, MissionKit, XMLSpy, MapForce, FlowForce, RaptorXML, StyleVision, UModel, DatabaseSpy, DiffDog, SchemaAgent, and Authentic are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Altova GmbH in the United States and other countries. The names of and references to other companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.