Second public release of XMLmind XML Editor Web Edition
May 29, 2023
Submitted by Hussein SHAFIE, XMLmind Software.
Second public release of XMLmind XML Editor Web Edition, version 1.0.0-beta2, is freely available for testing.
- Added an autosave facility to the sample XML editor application. Note that this autosave facility is not enabled by default. See new attribute
- Added "Show Element Reference" to the menu of the sample XML editor application.
- Added a "Comparison of revisions" information item to the tooltip of the document icon of the node path bar (if this feature has been enabled for this document being edited).
- Firefox: slightly improved the clipboard integration. XXEW now updates the system clipboard when needed to but, unlike Chrome, still cannot read its contents.
- The "Paste from Word Processor or Browser" add-on is now supported by XMLmind XML Editor Web Edition (XXEW) and is included in all XXEW distributions. As a consequence, a new "Paste from Word Processor or Browser" menu item has been added to the menu found at the bottom/right of the DocBook, DITA Topic and XHTML toolbars.
Please note that this add-on, when used by XXEW, is less good at importing data copied by MS-Word to the clipboard than when used by the desktop application. The add-on is strictly identical in both contexts and in theory, this should not happen. However browsers tend to discard important style information before making copied data available to web applications such as XXEW. For example, lists and language information are not imported as accurately as they should be.
- The dialog box displayed by command "Command History" did not work correctly when one of the repeatable commands had a parameter containing a newline character (example: "
- Firefox: pressing Ctrl-SPACE to insert a non-breaking space character (
U+00A0) also inserted a space character.
- In some cases, the width of "
display:marker" content generated before an element was not computed accurately enough.
What is XMLmind XML Editor Web Edition?
Released version 1.0.0-beta2, close to be feature complete, is freely available for testing. XXEW will become a commercial product at the end of the beta test period.
- Online demo: https://www.xmlmind.com/xmleditor/_web/demo/index.html
- Screencast explaining “the basics” (for those unfamiliar with XMLmind XML Editor): https://www.xmlmind.com/xmleditor/_screencast/xxew_basics/xxew_basics.html
- More information: https://www.xmlmind.com/xmleditor/web_edition.shtml