XSpec v2.2.4 Released
October 8, 2021
Submitted by Sandro Cirulli.
We are pleased to announce the release of XSpec v2.2.4, the open source unit test and behaviour-driven development framework for XSLT, XQuery, and Schematron.
XSpec v2.2.4 introduces new features and enhancements, fixes bugs, and improves the test suite and the documentation. You can get the latest release of XSpec and read the release notes on GitHub.
Here are the highlights of the XSpec v2.2.4 release:
Common to Languages Under Test
- Pending or unfocused variable declarations are handled more gracefully.
- Large results are no longer saved in separate XML files by default.
- This will be the last version to support Saxon 9.8.
- Multiple test scenarios can be run in parallel by setting `@threads` on `x:description` or `x:scenario`. (Requires Saxon-EE).
- You can set `x:context` when testing functions. (Requires `/x:description/@run-as`=`external`).
- You can mark assertions as pending by setting `@pending` on `x:expect-*` elements, as an alternative to using the `x:pending` element.
- When `@location` does not point to one node, the error message is more helpful.
Many thanks to the many XSpec contributors who made this release possible.