Pre-Release of 'XPath Embedded' - A VSCode Extension for XSLT and more.
April 9, 2020
Submitted by Philip Fearon.
We're pleased to announce the first pre-release of XPath-Embedded.
This is an XML-focused extension for the VSCode Code Editor.
XPath-Embedded is an open-source project managed by DeltaXML. Here are the base features for this early-stage project:
- XSLT 3.0 / XPath 3.1 Syntax Highlighter
- Single-pass character-by-character lexer for performance/accuracy
- Support for proposed XSLT 4.0 additions implemented in Saxon 10.0
- XML, XSLT and XPath code-formatting:
- Format As-You-Type
- Format Document
- Format Selection
- Format On Paste
- Integration through VSCode Tasks with the Saxon XSLT Processor (9.9 or later)
- Compile-time or run-time warnings/errors highlighted in the code
- Navigate errors/warnings via the Problems Pane
- Tasks allow multiple configurations of xsl:param settings etc.
The .vsix vscode-extension file can be downloaded from the Releases page.
Please submit issues, feature requests etc. via the GitHub project page. Pull-Requests are very welcome too of course.