Balisage: The Markup Conference 2019 Dates
October 30, 2018
Submitted by Debbie Lapeyre.
Balisage is an annual conference devoted to the theory and practice of descriptive markup and related technologies for structuring and managing information.
Next year, Balisage: The Markup Conference 2019 will be held:
- at the Cambria Hotel, Rockville, Maryland USA (same as this year)
- 30 July 2019 through 2 August 2019 - Balisage conference
- 29 July 2019 - Pre-conference Symposium
Conference website: https://www.balisage.net/
Balisage 2018 included papers on the use of markup to:
- manage documentation;
- visualize large XML datasets;
- explore dominant and recessive hierarchies (overlap!);
- examine the balance between declarative and imperative forms;
- gather, collate, and analyze large volumes of web data;
- discuss making data comprehensible with style guides;
- explore the role of metaphor in our understanding of technology;
- teach us to think of documents as hypergraphs;
- consider the importance of understanding what we are trying to build;
- push our favorite technologies into new places both familiar and unexpected by scaling up and scaling out.
(XML, XSLT, JSON, XForms, HTML5, SVG, JATS, DITA, SPARQL, XSpec, and lots more Acronyms!)
Unfamiliar with Balisage? Browse the Proceedings by topic (concept, specification , or process).
COSTS Rooms at the conference hotel will cost slightly more than 2018 ($134, up from $129). The room block is slightly larger; so we hope to have rooms for all attendees who want them.
Registration fees are unchanged from 2018.