eXist-db 4.4.0 Released
September 21, 2018
Submitted by Adam Retter.
v4.4.0 - September 21, 2018
eXist-db v4.4.0 has just been released. This is a minor release, which contains a few new features and several bug fixes. We recommend that all users of eXist-db 4.x.x should upgrade to eXist-db 4.4.0.
- Added a build target for a .tar.bz2 distribution.
- fn:subsequence was optimised for low memory usage. See Preventing Large Range Counts from Crashing eXist-db.
- Various optimizations for range sequences.
- Deflate compression was added to the Compression extension module.
- Password can now be passed via the Command Line to the Java Admin Client.
- Fixed a data-loss issue when reindexing documents which have more than one document-node child.
- Consistency Check now correctly checks all child nodes of the document not just the document element.
- Numerous fixes for the XPath preceding-sibling and following-sibling axes.
- Fixed a problem with incorrect selection on XPath self axis.
- Numerous fixes for addressing nodes which are direct children of the Document Node.
- Fixed a problem where XQuery modules could only be loaded from xmldb: style URIs.
- Fixed a +1 bug in XQuery range expressions.
- Fixed JMX Output, eXist-db information was previously missed.
- Fixed an issue with JMX option parsing in Bash start-up scripts.
- Fixed a bug in the Image extension module's crop function.
- Fixed various problems in the SQL extension module:
- Fixed problems with null handling.
- Resolved several NullPointerException cases.
- Fixed an issue with empty parameter handling.
- Removed unnecessary buffering with ByteArrayInputStream.
- XML:DB Remote API #getContentAsDOM() now returns the correct node type, not just elements.
- DOM API fixes for #previousSibling(), #nextSibling(), and #getNode().
- Updated the XQuery scheduling functions documentation.
- Fixed a further issue with quotation of Windows paths in the IzPack installer.
eXist-db v4.4.0 is backwards binary-compatible as far as eXist-db v3.0, but not with earlier versions. Users who are upgrading should always consult the <a href="http://exist-db.org/exist/apps/doc/upgrading.xml">Upgrading Guide</a> in the documentation.
NOTE The version of Dashboard that was installed with eXist-db 3.6.1 (or earlier) is incompatible with eXist-db 4.0.0 and newer. If you plan to migrate your entire database to eXist-db 4.4.0, you MUST take one of the following steps to allow Dashboard to work after the upgrade: 1. If you have not yet installed eXist-db 4.4.0, open Dashboard >Package Manager, and upgrade Dashboard to 0.4.10, or run this script in eXide or the Java Admin Client: repo:install-and-deploy("http://exist-db.org/apps dashboard", "http://demo.exist-db.org/exist/apps/public-repo/modules/find.xql"). Then you may safely install eXist-db 4.4.0 and use Dashboard. 2. If you install eXist-db 4.4.0 before upgrading Dashboard, run this script in eXide or the Java Admin Client: repo:install-and-deploy("http://exist-db.org/apps/dashboard", "http://demo.exist-db.org/exist/apps/public-repo/modules/find.xql"). Then you may use Dashboard.