eXist-db 4.3.1 Released
July 24, 2018
Submitted by Adam Retter.
v4.3.1 - July 24, 2018
eXist-db v4.3.1 has just been released. This is a hot-fix release, which contains several important bug fixes. We recommend that all users of eXist-db 4.x.x should upgrade to eXist-db 4.3.1.
- Fixed a regression introduced in eXist-db 4.3.0, where the type conversion of non-empty XDM Sequences was incorrectly returning an empty sequence. This could lead to insufficient results being returned by an XQuery.
- Reverted Apache Xerces 2.12.0 to 2.11.0. This fixes a regression introduced in eXist-db 4.3.0, whereby Xerces 2.12.0 proved to be incompatible with betteForm. Apache Xerces 2.12.0 is available in eXist-db 5.0.0-SNAPSHOT, and will be available from eXist-db 5.0.0-RC2 onwards.
- Fixed another problem with uploading zero length binary files via. the XML:DB Remote API.
- Fixed a number of issues with the LDAP Security Realm:
- Ensure the authenticated LDAP context is reused.
- Always close and dispose of any LDAP context that we create.
- Fixed encoding of CN and DN names during LDAP searches.
- Fixed an issue where the XQuery function file:serialize could use the incorrect character encoding depending on which platform eXist-db was being executed on.
- Fixed a comparison problem with node equality in the DOM API exposed via. the XML:DB Local API.
- Fixed a java.nio.file.Pathissue when loading eXist-db's conf.xml file from inside a classpath Jar file.
- Removed unnecessary error level logging of the XQuery fn:error function.
- Fixed an issue with the error message for restoring permissions; Now the entire resource URI is shown.
- Fixed an initialise/reset issue with Internal Module XQuery variables. This fixed a regression introduced in eXist-db 3.5.0.
- Fixed a JavaEE dependency runtime issue with Java 11.
- Downloading of XAR files during the eXist-db build process is now more descriptive.
- eXist-db v4.3.1 is backwards binary-compatible as far as eXist-db v3.0, but not with earlier versions. Users who are upgrading should always consult the Upgrading Guide in the documentation.
- NOTE: The version of Dashboard that was installed with eXist-db 3.6.1 (or earlier) is incompatible with eXist-db 4.0.0 and newer. If you plan to migrate your entire database to eXist-db 4.3.1, you MUST take one of the following steps to allow Dashboard to work after the upgrade:
- If you have not yet installed eXist-db 4.3.1, open Dashboard > Package Manager, and upgrade Dashboard to 0.4.10, or run this script in eXide or the Java Admin Client: repo:install-and-deploy("http://exist-db.org/apps dashboard", "http://demo.exist-db.org/exist/apps/public-repo/modules/find.xql"). Then you may safely install eXist-db 4.3.1 and use Dashboard.
- If you install eXist-db 4.3.1 before upgrading Dashboard, run this script in eXide or the Java Admin Client: repo:install-and-deploy("http://exist-db.org/apps/dashboard", "http://demo.exist-db.org/exist/apps/public-repo/modules/find.xql"). Then you may use Dashboard.