Altova’s MissionKit Version 2018 Release
March 7, 2018
Submitted by Cynthia L Neely.
Altova® (https://www.altova.com) announced the release of Version 2018 of its MissionKit desktop developer tools and server software products. This release introduces exciting new functionality across the product line including an HTTP Testing Window, 3-way diff/merge, significant speed improvements in the XSLT engine, updated standards support, and much more.
“By adding cutting edge features to every release, we have created the development building blocks that enable our customers to stay ahead,” said Alexander Falk, CEO and President of Altova. “Continued advancements in processing speed, constantly evolving standards updates, and introducing new, innovative features is at the foundation for helping today’s developers stay one step ahead of competitors. Our aim is to provide these advantages in our products to meet the strenuous demands placed on developers today.”
Here are a few highlights of the newly released features:
- The new HTTP Testing Window in XMLSpy makes it easy to create and send an HTTP request to a web server, and then receive and check the response. It also includes a WADL Import Wizard for testing WADL messages, such as those used in REST web services.
- Version 2018 also includes new 3-way Comparison functionality in both XMLSpy and DiffDog, allowing development teams to compare and merge three versions of the same document at once.
- The already lightning-fast XSLT engine in XMLSpy, MapForce, StyleVision, and RaptorXML Server is now significantly faster*. For instance, some common commands are now processed up to 100 times faster.
- StyleVision now offers an iXBRL Wizard for US-GAAP taxonomies that will automatically generate an iXBRL document based on the definitions in the presentation linkbase, greatly improving ease-of-use for companies filing financials in iXBRL.
- DatabaseSpy now includes support SQL Templates, which are SQL queries that contain parameter placeholders. Because users can enter the parameter values at runtime, this support makes queries much more flexible.
- New Advanced Editions of FlowForce Server and MapForce Server provide specific performance optimizations tailored for the most demanding workflow automation requirements. For instance, FlowForce Server Advanced Edition supports the increasingly popular AS2 specification for transporting data securely and reliably over the internet.
These and many additional features are available in Version 2018 of MissionKit desktop developer tools and server software products. To view new features in each product and access trial downloads please visit: https://www.altova.com/whatsnew.html
*Performance results based on Altova internal tests. Your results may vary.
About Altova Altova® is a software company specializing in tools that assist developers with data management, software and application development, mobile development, and data integration. The creator of XMLSpy® and other award-winning products, Altova is a key player in the software tools industry and the leader in XML solution development tools. The company offers a complete line of desktop developer software for XML, SQL, and UML; high-performance workflow automation server products; and a cross-platform mobile development platform. Altova focuses on its customers’ needs by offering a product line that fulfills a broad spectrum of requirements for software development teams. With over 5 million users worldwide, including 91% of Fortune 500 organizations, Altova is honored to serve clients from one-person shops to the world’s largest organizations. Altova is committed to delivering standards-based, platform-independent solutions that are powerful, affordable and easy-to-use. Founded in 1992, Altova is headquartered in Beverly, Massachusetts and Vienna, Austria.
Altova, MobileTogether, MissionKit, XMLSpy, MapForce, FlowForce, RaptorXML, StyleVision, UModel, DatabaseSpy, DiffDog, SchemaAgent, and Authentic are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Altova GmbH in the United States and other countries. The names of and references to other companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.