eXist-db 3.4.1 Released
August 16, 2017
Submitted by Adam Retter.
We are very pleased to announce the release of eXist-db v3.4.1, a bug fix release. eXist-db is the most popular Open Source NoSQL XML Native Database and XQuery Application Platform.
The most important changes in this release are:
- Fixed a regression related to XQuery Module cleanup and util:eval which was introduced in eXist-db 3.4.0.
- Fixed the signing of the core Jar files (start.jar, exist.jar, and exist-optional.jar). This is required for using the Java Admin Client via. Java WebStart.
- Corrected the argument parser in ExportMain which is used for some backup scenarios. Previously ExportMain would exit after startup with an error.
- Fixed removal of an existing backup directory when starting a backup from the Java Admin Client. Previously the directory would always have been deleted; even when the user chose to preserve it.
- xs:base64Binary and xs:hexBinary backing InputStreams which were cached to a file now #mark(int)/#reset() correctly after reading.
- Extraneous whitespace is now stripped from XQDoc output provided to the Inspection XQuery extension module.
- Corrected the dependency references in the NetBeans project files.
- eXist-db v3.4.1 is binary-compatible with v3.0 (and v3.4.0), but not with previous versions (v2.x). Users upgrading from pre-3.0 versions should perform a full backup and restore to migrate their data.
- eXist-db v3.4.1 requires Java 8.
Downloading This Version
- eXist-db v3.4.1 is available for download from the eXist-db Releases page on Bintray. (The old download page on Sourceforge is no longer updated.)
- Maven artifacts for eXist-db v3.4.1 are available from our Maven repository https://github.com/exist-db/mvn-repo.
- For macOS users of the Homebrew package manager, eXist-db v3.4.1 is already available.