eXist-db 3.1.1 Released
March 23, 2017
Submitted by Joe Wicentowski.
We are very pleased to announce the release of eXist-db v3.1.1, a bug fix release. eXist-db is the most popular Open Source NoSQL XML Native Database and XQuery Application Platform.
The most important changes in this release are:
- fixed command line parameters for backup/restore and the Java admin client (partially broken in 3.1.0)
- closed memory leak in XQuery map constructor
- closed memory leak preventing memory used for accessing binary resources in XQuery being freed
- added missing dependencies for YAJSW when installing as a System-V service
- corrected fn:doc-available() to return false(), not FODC0005, when it cannot the remote resource does not return a document node
- prevented an NPE when an account or a group can't be found by id due to storage corruption or a missing account or group
In addition to eXist-db itself, this release includes updated versions of a number of the bundled applications: Documentation (v0.4.8), Monitoring and Profiling AKA "Monex" (v0.9.7), Shared Resources (v0.4.2). Other applications updated since the last release of eXist-db include Demo Apps (v0.4.0), Public Application Repository (v0.6.0), and XQuery Versioning Module (v1.1.2). The updated versions and their release notes are all available via Dashboard > Package Manager or from the Public Application Repository.
- eXist-db v3.1.1 is binary-compatible with v3.0 and v3.1.0, but not with previous versions (v2.x). Users upgrading from pre-3.0 versions should perform a full backup and restore to migrate their data.
- eXist-db v3.1.1 requires Java 8.
Downloading This Version
eXist-db v3.1.1 is available for download from the eXist-db Releases page on Bintray. (The old download page on Sourceforge is no longer updated.) Maven artifacts for eXist-db v3.1.1 are available from our mvn-repo repository. For macOS users of the Homebrew package manager, eXist-db v3.1.1 is already available.