Xidel 0.9.6 released
November 20, 2016
Submitted by via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Xidel is a command line tool to download X/HTML pages or access JSON-APIs and extract data from there. It supports XPath 3.0, XQuery 3.0 + JSONiq expressions, compatibility modes for older XPath/XQuery versions as well as CSS 3 selectors and pattern-matching templates.The 0.9.6 version
- disables all extensions on an xquery version declaration unless a version code like "3.0-xidel" or "3.0-jsoniq" is used.
- #!xidel in the first line is ignored, so it can be used for executable XQuery scripts.
- adds a function x:request for HTTP or follow-like requests inside a query. It is similar to the EXPath http-client module, but uses a map for options rather than an XML element.
- new functions: x:argc, x:argv, x:integer, x:integer-to-base. Latter two can e.g. handle hexadecimal numbers.
- fixes that entities were not decoded, if --output-encoding was not set
- improves default encoding settings when converting between Windows terminal encoding and utf8 for piped files
- a new JSON parser with two distinct modes: input formats json/json-strict for accepting/rejecting invalid JSON
- JSON output is prettified.
- has various fixes, performance improvements and internal restructuring
You can learn more on the homepage here: http://www.videlibri.de/xidel.html